From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Rick Thornton
Sent: February 16, 2008 11:29 PM
To: ontbirds@hwcn.org
Subject: [Ontbirds]Brown Creeper at LaSalle Marina today...

As a result of Norm Murr's luck and the Hamilton weekly post, Nancy Smith
and I spent the day birding around the HSA, with great results. The best
bird, we think, was a very cold looking BROWN CREEPER seen along the
waterfront trail, along the boardwalk at the LaSalle Marina. Along with many
Trumpeter swans at the Windows to the Bay.

As well, we had great looks at the male HOARY REDPOLL on 10th Road at the
first house, with the feeders. As well as getting the Hawk Owl and a
Northern Shrike again at the tree line on the west side of the road, as Norm
reported.

We also saw the flock(?) of turkeys reported from 8th Road, and the group
numbered 68 of the ones that we could see. Very nice looks at them as they
vied for ears of corn and nice comparisons of the non-breeding males to
females.

We watched the two Peregrines fly and hunt at the lift bridge, as well as
many nice waterfowl in the ship channel under the lift bridge, with many
nice White Winged Scoters up close and easily studied.

We were only able to see a single Bald Headed Eagle on the ice on the bay,
but by that point, we were looking into the sun, so there may have been
more.

All in all a very beautiful day to be out and birding, and as always, the
company was wonderful....

Good Birding,
Rick Thornton,
Exeter, ON