Date: Sat., 29 Mar 2008 08:30-0:930
From: Peter Wukasch
Subject: birds north of Bradford

At about 8:30 this morning (Saturday), I went for a short drive and walk north
of the town of Bradford. Along Hwy. 11 near the 13th Line of Bradford I saw a
flock of 20 Wild Turkeys. Later I went over to the Provincial Wildlife area off
the 20th Sideroad and the 11th Line of Bradford-West Gwillimbury and walked
into the marsh on the boardwalk. Plenty of action, including two singing Brown
Creepers ( they have a great song and it was echoing throughout the silver
maple swamp), a loudly calling Red-bellied Woodpecker, and an assortment of
nuthatches, chickadees, and Golden-crowned Kinglets. I was hoping to see if any
Sandhill Cranes are back there this year, but the date is a bit early.
Exit right from Hwy. 400 and go to the lights in Bradford at County Rd. 88
(Holland St.) and turn left on Hwy. 11. Go north to the 13th Line of
Bradford-West Gwillimbury, turn right and then left at the 20th S.R. go south
along 20th, cross RR tracks and look for wildlife are entrance on your left.