Hi Ontbirders,

Today, 8 Apr, between about 4 and 4:30 PM Debbie Campbell and I observed the
Rideau River from Mooney's Bay Park (from the vicinity of the children's
play structures by the beach house). Looking SW in the direction of the
Moffat Farm area (across the river, now a subdivision), we observed one pair
of Am Wigeon among the ice flows. Also one male Bufflehead, a pair of Hooded
Mergansers plus two other males, and some Common Goldeneye (M/F). There are
some open areas, but still a lot of river ice off the park.

Happy birding,

Peter Campbell
Ottawa, Ontario

Directions (courtesy of NeilyWorld): From Highway 417 (The Queensway) take
exit 121A (Bronson Avenue). Go SSE on Bronson for 3.6 km, crossing the
Rideau River on the Dunbar Bridge and going over Riverside Drive, before
bearing right to take the Brookfield Road exit. In 0.1 km merge right onto
Brookfield Road and drive 0.5 km to Riverside Drive. Turn left onto
Riverside Drive and go 0.6 km to Ridgewood Avenue. Turn right or west here
into the parking area for Mooney's Bay.
 For those more familiar with Ottawa, Mooney's Bay Park is on the east side
of the Rideau River adjacent to Riverside Drive and between Hog's Back Road
(to the north) and Walkley Road (to the south).