While looking for the Kentucky Warbler reported yesterday, I found a first year
male Summer Tanager at about 8:15 a.m., slightly north of where the Kentucky
Warbler was reported. The bird was on the west side of Mimico Creek on the east
side of the trail next to the creek itself. It was feeding high in a maple tree
and dropped out of site, I suspect it may have moved to the east side of the
creek, At first glance the bird appeared to be a female but it gave me a
different view and the underside was showing some red, particuarly on the
undertail coverts and belly.

  There was a lot of bird song many of the leaves were out especially where the
birds were feeding. I was unable to locate the Kentucky but did see several
Cape May, Parula, Tenesee, Yellow-rumped, Palm, Chestnut-sided,
Black-and-white, Magnolia and other more common species including a Blue-headed
Vireo.

  Regards,

  Garth

  Directions from David's post.
The West Deane/Ravenscrest/Hampshire Heights/Echo Valley park system
comprises the Mimico Creek Ravine and runs between
 Kipling/Burnhamthorpe
streets in the south throught to Eglinton Avenue & Hwy. 427 in the
 north.

Directions from downtown Toronto: Gardiner Expressway West, north on
 Hwy
427, Rathburn Road offramp west to Martingrove Road, left (north) on
Martingrove to West Dean Park parking lot on left (west) side of road.

Garth Riley
Etobicoke, Ontario
[EMAIL PROTECTED]