I sent this message out yesterday, but a recent foul-up with my computer
resulted in the message not getting through.

On May 19 at 12:30 six American White Pelicans were seen by Mike Jaber at
Holiday Beach Conservation Area in Essex County.  They circled the marsh area
and then headed west.

I should also note that the Yellow-headed Blackbird seen onSaturday May 10th,
has been present since then.  It has establisheditself in the cattails in the
centre of the marsh and can be clearlyseen from the viewing tower.

Holiday Beach Conservation Area is located at the extreme southwestern tip of
southern Ontario. The park is on the eastern end of a large freshwater estuary
known as Big Creek. (Specifically the site is 1.1 miles south of the junction
Highway 20(old 18) and Essex Road 50, south east of the Town of Amherstburg).

John Schmelefske
John Schmelefske
# 7360
RR # 4