HI folks,

I stopped by the Wawa Sewage Lagoons/Ponds today (5:00pm) and found 1 Harlequin
Duck (female plumage) - southeast pond, 1 Eared Grebe (full breeding plumage) -
southeast pond, 2 Ruddy Duck (pair) - southeast pond and 2 Wilson's Phalarope
(pair) - northwest pond. I realize that these species may be common in other
parts of Ontario during migration but are of note for the Wawa area.

Other waterfowl observed:
Great Blue Heron
Least Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs
Spotted Sandpiper
Killdeer
Bonaparte's Gull
Herring Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Canada Goose
Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Wood Duck
Gadwall
American Wigeon
American Black Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Greater Scaup
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Common Goldeneye

Wawa sewage lagoons are located east of Hwy 17 and west of Misson Rd. along
Golf Course Road. Wawa is located along Hwy 17 about 230 km north of Sault Ste.
Marie, Ontario.

Ken McIlwrick