All Birders,

Today many interesting shore birds were identified along the shoreline here through the day.

Early Whimbrel watchers (7:45 am) were disappointed to not see Whimbrels, but were delighted to see Ruddy Turnstones, Dunlin, Sanderlings and a Caspian Tern very close at hand.

Whimbrels were identified by Andy and Donna Eveland of Tillsonburg, as follows:

"Approx. 1:30 pm today, West Beach. Port Burwell, close to breakwall we saw a flock of about 75 Whimbrels landing further down the beach going west. Another flock of 12 landed within 100 feet from where we were sitting, and then also flew further west along the shore. Many other shore birds were sited, one in particular was the Ruddy Turnstone of which we saw four."

Ron Allensen checked the beach at 5:30 pm to find a Lesser Black- backed Gull, and Sanderlings. Other shore birds beyond definitive identification range were observed as well.

Good birding,
Joe Stephenson

Directions:

Port Burwell Provincial Park is located at the southern terminus of Highway 19 on Lake Erie. Take the Ingersoll exit south from the 401. Follow the in-town directions to the park beach area.