Hello,
        Yesterday afternoon while birding the Garbage Dump near the airport at
Tobermory,Tim King and I along with Gill Arden and Bob Zarnke spotted a Black
Vulture.
        We were scanning the birds foraging in the garbage piles, when two of
us saw this large bird coming in to land, and we both instantly said 'that's a
Back Vulture'.
         It was out of sight for a while, and the area it landed in was fenced,
but no matter, as it soon took to the air and proceeded to fly in circles
overhead giving us terrific views, and we marveled at this beautiful Vulture
and it's graceful flapping flight pattern.

            Tobermory is at the tip of the Bruce Peninsular. To get to the
dump, take Warner Bay Road which is on the west side of Hwy 6, just south of
Tobermory and drive past the airport, then turn  right on McArthur Road. Look
for the dump on the left hand side just up the road.
              Good luck.........T.