Hi Ontbirders
Today, July 1st, my son Ben and I birded a number of wetlands in the Carp, Kanata and Dunrobin area. We had a great morning/early afternoon and recorded 43 Virginia Rail, 12 Sora, 4 American Bittern, 5 Least Bittern, 6 Green Heron ,1 Sedge Wren and 16 Marsh Wren. The biggest surprise was the number of Least Bitterns. We saw 2, near the bridge at the Mississippi River and old Hwy. 17 plus 3, near Kilmaurs. Other birds of note included 2 Red-headed Woodpecker at Constance Bay, a regular site since 2002 and a pair near Pakenham. We also heard a Yellow-throated Vireo near Galetta and observed 3 Red-shouldered Hawks near Woodlawn. If you require additional information, please email me privately.
                                   Good birding & Happy Canada Day
                                                   Bruce and Ben

Directions: Constance Bay: RHWP: From Ottawa travel west bound on Hwy. 417
to the March Rd./Eagleson Road and exit right onto March Rd. Follow to
Dunrobin Road and turn right  continuing northwest  through Woodlawn. At the
hill turn right onto Constance Bay Rd following it for approx. 1.5 km. Turn left
on Allbirch Road and drive 1.3 km to the " T "  intersection. Turn left
on Bishop Davis Drive and then right on Bayview Drive.  Follow Bayview
Drive to Ritchie St. Turn right and go a short distance to Whistler
Rd. Turn left and drive .3 km and watch for a gate on the right. The
trail through the burn area is opposite the gate. Parking is limited.
The old burn area is on your left. There is an abundance of Poison Ivy
in the burn area. It is recommended to stay on the trails.

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0