On Sunday, August 3rd around 3:00 pm, Jane Burgess and I saw a Great Egret at the High Falls Conservation Area in Casselman Ontario. The Egret was on the rocky shore of the river, preening, quite a distance from our view which was below the falls on the opposite shore. Although I neglected to specifically look for banding, I do not recall any being present and none can be observed from very distant photos taken at the time.

Connie Denyes
Ottawa, ON

Directions courtesy of NeilyWorld Birding (http://ca.geocities.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/larose1.htm): From Highway 417, 53 km east of Ottawa, take exit 66 NNW toward Casselman. Go NNW 2.1 km on Main Street (Rue Principale) to the South Nation River and the High Falls Conservation Area.