Hello

Tonight after receiving a call from Mary Hart I saw an American White Pelican
along the Lake Erie shoreline at Port Colborne. She first found the bird around
5 pm. We arrived at about 7:30 pm and had brief but good scope views before the
bird flew off to the west.

Here are the directions: Take the QEW to Exit 57 (Victoria Ave/RR-24 towards
Vineland 0.6 km; turn right at S Service Road and then left at the lights onto
Victoria Avenue. Go about 27 km and continue going south on HWY. Turn left at
HWY 3/RR3. Turn right at Cement Rd. Turn left at Lakeshore Road and turn right
at Oakridge Crescent. Please note that the beach front is private property in
this area and the residents don't want trespassers. Mary Hart lives at 103
Oakridge Crescent and has offered to show people the bird (if it returns). One
birder suggested to me that Morgan's Point might be a good place to start
looking too.

All the best
Marcie Jacklin
Fort Erie, Ontario