Hi.
     Just want to provide an update on the American White Pelican that has been
seen at the Moodie Drive Quarry pond since the evening of August 11th.  I saw
it last Friday, August 29th.  It was flying over the quarry pond at 12:30pm.
It stayed at the pond.
     Before heading off to Montreal on Saturday, August 30th I re-sighted the
Great Egret at the same pond .  Possibly the same bird I had seen on August
24th.  I went back for a visit on Labour Day and was told the Pelican had not
been reported for a couple of days now.   Thanks.

W.H.
Ottawa, Ontario.
www.pbase.com/golfpic

Photo of Pelican taken on Friday, August 29th.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/102368948/original

Directions courtesy Neily World: http://ca.geocities.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/stony8.htm

>From Highway 416 take exit 66 (Fallowfield Road). If southbound, a
0.4 km offramp dumps onto Fallowfield, where you will turn right or
west. If northbound, the 0.4 km offramp brings you to Fallowfield,
where you will turn left or west onto it and in 0.5 km join the
southbound offramp traffic. Both groups will now follow Fallowfield
Road west for an additional 0.4 km to reach Moodie Drive. Turn left
or southeast onto Moodie Drive and go 5.3 km, passing Cambrian Road
to reach the quarries (second gate on the left).