About 3:25 pm, today as we were about to give up, Thursday Oct. 16th,
Linda Wells spotted the WW Dove at 4 Mississauga Road in St.
Catharines. It was on a roof top near the eaves diagonally opposite
the gate described below . I only saw for 2 or 3 minutes before it
disappeared behind some branches. We did not hear it cooing. We had
not found it between 12pm and 1 pm when we had been there earlier.

We spoke with the lady of the house. She said that the most regular
time for the bird is between 4:30pm and 5:30pm.She had seen it a
couple of days ago.

Sandra Eadie, Toronto

>From Rob Dubos' message: "The residence is at 4 Mississauga Road, St.
Catharines. The homeowner has graciously offered birders access as far
as the backyard gate on the left side of the residence. He has asked
that birders not go beyond this gate onto the back porch or into the
backyard. Most of the yard is visible with little obstruction from
this gate."

>From the QEW, take the Niagara Street exit in St. Catharines and
go north on Niagara Street. Immediately over the QEW Highway at
the first lights, the road forks with Vine Street going to the left,
and Niagara Street to
the right, with a Sunoco gas station in the middle of this fork. Take
a left here onto Vine Street
and at 4.1 km you will be at the lights at Lakeshore Road. Continue
north through the lights another
2/10ths of a km to the first street on your left, Old Coach Road. Turn
left here and go two streets
on your right to Mississauga Road, house #4. Rob Dobos Dundas, ON