I was there from 8 AM until 9:30 AM at Squaw Island (Broderick Park) and saw a
few Bonaparte Gulls foraging with about as many Ring-billed Gulls (there were
very few RBGU yesterday). There are plenty of minnows but the strong winds with
a northerly vector must not be right for the Bonaparte's and, more importantly
to us birders, the Sabine's Gull.

Get off the I-190 (northbound) at the Peace Bridge exit and continue to Niagara
St. then continue north towards the Peace Bridge. For I-190 southbound traffic
get off at the Ontario St. exit and proceed southbound on Niagara St.  Look for
Ferry St. on the west side of Niagara St. and Robert Rich Way (same street) on
the east side of Niagara St. and turn into Robert Rich Way, shortly crossing
the Black Rock Canal Bridge into Broderick Park then an immediate right and
then an immediate left into the parking lot. The Sabine's is seen right there
(a 30 foot turn in of the breakwall provides a nice eddy current for the
minnows and gulls). All the fishermen left before I did because of the cold,
strong northerly winds (and only 1 small Perch caught).

Any questions, please feel free to call.

Jerry Lazarczyk
Grand Island NY

716-773-7453
716-548-0798 cell