so to speak.

Again - If you go down there tomorrow and find the Hawk Owl please try not to
harass it as others will be coming after you see it. The Stoney Creek Hawk Owl
this past winter comes to mind.

Directions:-

LESLIE STREET SPIT (TOMMY THOMPSON PARK) IN TORONTO - Now on it’s Winter
schedule for the gates and Van.

To get to "The Spit" from Queen and Yonge Streets. Take the Queen Street Car
#501 east to Leslie St. and walk south (about 2 km) or as far as you can go on
Leslie St. at Unwin Ave. and you will see the gate and signage. You may also
catch the Jones Bus #83 at the Donlands Subway Station or transfer to it at
Queen St. and Jones Ave. and take it to Leslie St. And Commissioner St. (on
Saturday only). By automobile you may drive to Lakeshore Blvd and Leslie St.
then south to The Spit.

You can park either on Leslie St. or Unwin Ave. You may also park in the
parking lot inside the main gate after 9 am. Be sure to observe the parking lot
closing time as if you are not out by then your auto will be locked in until
the following day. — THE PARKING LOT AND ALL GATES WILL BE LOCKED AT 4:30 pm
and there is NO Van in the winter. The van will not resume again until next
Easter.

NOTE:- The official hours for The Spit are 9 am to 4:30 pm (weekends and
holidays only of course) but the unofficial hours are sunup to sundown. To date
no one has questioned any birder, jogger, cyclist, etc. about the use of The
Spit from sunup to sundown.

The spit is only open on the weekends and on holidays, at other times you will
not be able to access the area. This area is extensive, 5 km to the tip, but be
prepared to walk more than that. The Spit is only open on the weekends and
holidays because they are still building it. At least that is what their story
is.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, ON

"Sils mordent, mords les"