A friend and I went to Amherst Island today and had lots of raptors, but no Snowys visible. We missed getting into Owl Woods, but will return once the ban is lifted after Dec 6th.
Cheers, Eve

Amherst Island

20 Red-tailed Hawks
2 Northern Shrikes
13 Rough-legged Hawks
20 Northern Harriers
8 Blue Jays
7 Mourning Doves
8 House Sparrows
31 European Starlings
45 Mallards
12 Buffleheads
6 Red-winged Blackbirds
1 American Kestrel
50 Common Goldeneyes
24 Ring-billed Gulls
3 Common Loons
1000+ Canada Geese

Ottawa to Amherst

American Crow
Ring-billed gull
Blue Jay
European Starling
Red-tailed Hawk
Rock Pigeon
Canada Goose
Mallard
Common Merganser
Bufflehead
Belted Kingfisher

Amherst to Ottawa

Common Goldeneye
Ring-billed Gull
Mallard
Common Merganser
American Robin
Canada Goose
Common Loon
Mute Swan

Directions: Located 18 km. west of Kingston.  Exit off Hwy. 401 at exit
593 (County Rd. 4, Camden East) and drive south to the very end (Millhaven). Turn right on Hwy. 33 and drive 100 metres until you see the sign for the Amherst Island ferry. The ferry (20 minute trip) leaves the mainland on the half hour and leaves the island on the hour. Cost is $8.00 Canadian round
trip. There are no gas stations on the island. There are restrooms on
the ferry, and at the island ferry dock.
Eve Ticknor
Coordinator OFNC Falcon Watch
38-9 Gillespie Cres
Ottawa, Ontario  K1V 9T5
613-859-9545

"All nature is but art, unknown to thee"