The AVOCET was still "there" today, Nov.23---once on the pedestrian bridge,
people today found it either towards the lakefront in the lagoon OR to the
north up-river. Please refer to my Nov.22 e-mail for directions.

A cloudy morning with light W wind, -4C to 4C, and a TUV=2.5, but a falling BP
was not a good sign for migrating raptors along the lakefront. However, a
low-flying immature NORTHERN GOSHAWK in the 11 o'clock hour was great. The
watch always has the usual camaraderie amongst observers, in spite of few
migrants--only 2 other raptors (Red-taileds) came through.---SEE TABLE BELOW.

AMONG THE NON-RAPTORS--- 4 WILD TURKEYS in the corn field east of Hall's Rd.;
20+ WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS were briefly seen alongside the roadway;
6 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS fed on the path near the platform all morning; AMERICAN
PIPITS were heard flying over; female PURPLE FINCH; white-throated sparrow.

Perched in trees alongside Hall's Rd. --Am.Kestrel, Cooper's Hawk, Red-tailed
Hawk

CRANBERRY MARSH RAPTOR WATCH, sw Whitby, ON
Sun.Nov.23/108

Observation  time: 0900-1500
Coordinator: Doug Lockrey
Official Counter:Rayfield Pye
Observers: Jim McKnight, Doug Lockrey, Karl Jennewein, Ron Stephenson, Brian
Steele, Jean Iron, Ron Pittaway, Eleanor Beagan

>From the 401 eastbound, exit at Salem Rd. in Ajax, south to Bayly, the east
>through Lakeridge Rd. to the first street beyond-Hall's Rd.--south toward the
>lake to the second roadside parking area. From the 401 westbound--exit at
>Brock St. in Whitby, south to Victoria St., west right through to Hall's Rd.

Species                         Nov.23 Count        Month Total   Season Total
------------------                         --------------         -------------
      -------------
Black Vulture(BV)                     0                      0
      0
Turkey Vulture(TV)                   0                       1
 3205
Osprey(OS)                             0                      0
     149
Bald Eagle(BE)                       0                       0
      67
Northern Harrier (NH)               0                       5
    99
Sharp-shinned Hawk (SS)      0                        41
1501
Cooper's Hawk (CH)               0                       12
 119
Northern Goshawk (NG)           1                       3
  8
Red-shouldered Hawk(RS)        0                     14                       24
Broad-winged Hawk(BW)           0                     0                    2042
Red-tailed Hawk(RT)                2                    327
1200
Rough-legged Hawk (RL)          0                     18
44
Golden Eagle(GE)                    0                      1
     9
American Kestrel (AK)              0                      1
700
Merlin(ML)                               0                      3
        30
Peregrine Falcon (PG)             0                       3
  21
Unknown Accipiter (UA)            0                      1
 19
Unknown Buteo (UB)                0                    14
 21
Unknown Falcon(UF)                 0                     0
   3
Unknown Eagle (UE)                 0                     0
   0
Unknown Raptor(UR)                0                      3
 43
TOTAL                                   3                  457
  9314