Hi Ontbirders:
                      Had part of the day off so paid the Northern Hawk Owl in
Gatineau another visit.  The Hawk Owl isn't as particular now to a previous
"favourite" perch after the recent snowfall.  It is moving around a bit more
but still in the same general location.  Apparently, I just missed the Hawk Owl
snatching a bird off the snow covered portion of the river very close to the
road.  But I was shown the aftermath of blood and feathers still visible on top
of the snow and photos of the Hawk Owl mantling its catch.
                      There are less places to park now that the few spots
where you could park previously are mostly covered in snow (plowed there).
Hurtubise is a narrow 2 lane road, so do not block the road.  I did see one car
today parked blocking one whole lane.  The person was able to get away with it
because traffic was kind of slow at the time.  Thanks.

PS.  With all the owl sightings this fall of snowy, saw-whet, hawk, boreal,
long-ear, short-ear and now great gray, it will no doubt be a most interesting
winter.

Hawk Owl.  From a previous outing.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/106824866/original
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/106805879

W.H.
Ottawa, Ontariowww.pbase.com/golfpic

Directions to Hawl Owl in Gatineau.  Take Hwy 50 and exit at Maloney Boulevard.
 Follow Maloney Boulevard and turn right on Chamberlain.  Turn left on Notre
Dame and then right on Campeau.  At the river, turn left onto Huirtubise and
continue to the area near the 2 red barns on the left.