Hi Everyone
 The 28th Annual Dunrobin,On.-Breckenridge, P.Q. Christmas Bird Count took
place today, January 3rd, 2009. A total of 45 species were recorded (average
50) by 47 field observers. Overnight weather conditions were clear and cold,
-14c and sunny with increasing winds during the day. The following highlights
were recorded.

New Species:  No new species

Record Highs: Previous highs are shown in parentheses followed by year.
                      Bohemian Waxwing 1315 (1165, 1988)
                      Pine Grosbeak 277 (1165,1988)

Tied Record Highs: Red-shouldered Hawk 1 (98,07)

Other species of interest: Great Gray Owl: 2
                                      Hoary Redpoll:1

Winter Finches: Pine Grosbeak (277)
                        Purple Finch (2)
                        White-winged Crossbill (230)
                        Common Redpoll (282)
                        Pine Siskin (469)
                        American Goldfinch (477)
                        Evening Grosbeak (1)

I would like to thank the field observers for there great effort and my wife
Laurie for preparing the wonderful post-count supper.

                                    good birding, Bruce

Bruce Di Labio
Dunrobin CBC Compiler

Di Labio Birding Website