Hi Folks

Who says there aren't benefits to shoveling snow?
After almost ten years living here, and spending thousands of hours birding in
the yard, I finally got my first  WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS! But even more
amazingly I had SEVEN flocks fly over in just thirty minutes this morning. The
flocks varied in size from about 30 birds to 4 individuals.  All groups were
doing what I consider a typical morning flight pattern for migrants in my
yard... heading due west. In addition to the crossbills four small groups of
COMMON REDPOLLS flew west during the same period. I already have 4 redpolls
visiting my feeder for the past two days, plus at leat 60 PINE SISKINS.

As a small sidenote to yardlisters out there, the crossbill was my 206th bird
for the yard here. In December I squeaked in a Long-eared Owl to the back deck
for #205, so this is turning out to be a good winter for the yard!

Good Birding!

Tom

G Tom Hince
Wild Rose Guest House