Hi Everyone
Today, January 12th, birded a few areas around Ottawa. The female Barrow's
Goldeneye was still present on the Rideau River near the Rideau Tennis Club.
There's only a small amount of open water and the female Barrow's was in a
flock of Common Goldeneye. You could get great views and comparisons of both
female goldeneyes. A great opportunity to study the differences. There was an
adult Bald Eagle at the same location and numerous small flocks of Pine Siskin,
White-winged Crossbill and a few Common Redpoll. If you're interested in
looking at photos of this female Barrow's Golden-eye, please visit my website.
Photos will be on later tonight.
Good birding,
Bruce

Directions: From Ottawa take 417 east to the Vanier Parkway and exit north.
Follow parkway to Donald Street and turn left (west) and continue to River
Road. Turn left on River Rd. and then right on Olga St. which is a dead end.
Park and walk over to the open area of water along the Rideau River. There are
a small number of Common Goldeneye's and lots of Mallards. If you
require additional information, please email me privately.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca

Bruce Di Labio