While dog-walking in Markham, I saw a Northern Mockingbird, today (around
2:30 p.m.)  as well.

It was in the top of a tall tree about 100 metres west of Wooten Way South,
along Major Buttons Drive.  Wooten Way is roughly a kilometer west of 9th
Line, along Highway 7 (therefore a couple of kilometers east of Highway 48
and Highway 7) and Major Buttons runs west, just a short distance south of
Highway 7.  The tree was across the road from the far west end of the
schoolground.

I have seen more mockingbirds in Markham in the last year or so than in the
previous many (no need to say how many) decades I have lived or visited here
(it's my home town), including breeding birds last summer at Highway 48 and
14th Avenue, plus an individual in my front yard a few weeks ago, and
another a few blocks or so away around the same time.

Barry Kent MacKay
31 Colonel Butler Drive,
Markham, ON L3P 6B6