Greetings ONTBirders:

This evening my wife and I visited the Hurdman area to check up on the male
BARROW'S GOLDENEYE, which is still in its regular location near the Hurdman
footbridge.  Along the riverside male RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS can be heard
staking out their territory for the imminent arrival of the females.  Near the
Tennis Club was a spectacular male NORTHERN PINTAIL feeding on shore with a
flock of mallards - a lifer for me.  When we left at around 7pm (I love the
longer daylight hours), the pintail was relocated across the river at
Strathcona Park, where it will likely roost for the night.  Also present were
two juvenile GLAUCOUS GULLS and a juvenile ICELAND GULL, along with the typical
ring-bills and great black-backs.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: From Riverside Drive, follow Riverside to Vanier Parkway, then turn
left onto Donald.  The Rideau Tennis Club is located at the end of Donald,
where there should be ample parking.  The pintail was located no more than 10
meters south of the Tennis Club when we found it feeding on shore.