Hey Birders,

I was down at Long Point this morning. I ended up walking with Ron Ridout
through most of the Provincial Park. There was a fair bit of activity; the
highlight was a Pileated Woodpecker flying east over the marsh. The Pileated
ended up being seen at Breakwater a little later in the morning. Not exactly
what you expect to see! Other interesting birds seen included; 13 sp. of
warblers most notably, Northern Parula, Blue-winged, and Ovenbird, 3
Grasshopper Sparrows and White-eyed Vireo were also seen.

There was also a Chuck-will's Widow heard singing briefly early this morning
at Old Cut around 5:30.

Regarding the Pileated, it's only the 3rd record for Long Point proper, the
last record being May 5, 1995 at the tip.

Good Birding,

Ken Burrell

Heidelberg, Ont.

Long Point Provincial Park: take hwy 59 south to the end of the road. Park
at gate and walk the roads, paying close attention to wind direction and
which areas to bird that are sheltered.