I just returned from an early morning photo shoot of a pond I pass every day on
the GO Train, turns out the pond is home to many species of birds.  Before I
set up, I had what appeared to be a rather large (grackle size) woodpecker fly
right in front of my face, I thought considerably larger than a Hairy..It has a
long Black Bill, predominantly Black with white bars. Numerous
Tree Swallows setting up nests in the boxes. 2 Black-crowned Night-Herons, 2
Double-Crested Cormorants, Red-winged Black Birds, Blue Jays and Northern
Cardinals.

The Pond is located on Lawrence Ave East (westbound ramp) just west of the DVP
on the South West Side. There is a trail that leads you down to the pond, be
cautioned its steep and slippery.
NOTE to Anyone venturing out: It is not recommended to walk the CN Tracks as
there is absolutely no place to escape should a Freight Train pass as the
sidings are very steep on either side of the tracks...stay off the tracks!

Glenn Steplock
www.flickr.com/steplock