After work I birded the Bill Mason Centre for a little over an hour.  There are
many WILSON'S SNIPES winnowing throughout the marsh (I counted at least six).
There were also several VIRGINIA RAILS calling around.  When I arrived I first
heard a whinny of a SORA coming from the eastern side of the boardwalk.  I did
not see this bird, but later on I heard more whinnying coming from the centre
of the marsh.  This time I did see the bird, and observed it for several
minutes before it disappeared.  It continued to whinny intermittently.  It is
possible there were actually two soras there, but I can only definitively
confirm the one.  YELLOW WARBLERS were in abundance, and I heard two distinct
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSHES to the east side of the boardwalk.

Pat

DIRECTIONS:  From March Road in Kanata, turn onto Dunrobin Road and follow for
several kilometers, past the centre of Dunrobin (intersection of Dunrobin Road
and Thomas Dolan Parkway).  The Bill Mason Centre is on the right near the
school (follow the dirt path on the left side of the entrance).