This morning wile storms blue in and out  I spent a hour ( from 7:20 to 8:30 )
with the  shorebirds at the barrier beach in Darlington Provincial park.
indifferent to Tyler's birds yesterday all wear to bessy  feeding to be
bothered with me

At times being only 25 feet away ( and me with a deed battery in my camera )  ,

I first found all the birds on the McLaughlin Bay side but was aball to follow
them all the way to the small boot house on the Darlington Provincial park.,
with some amassment they then followed me back and wear last seen the hafe way
point .

I was a ball to get a drawing of the banding on the legs of the Piping plover
if any one needs Or knows wear to send it to let me know !!

The following was present:

1 Piping Plover banded

10 Dunlin
28 least Sandpipers
15 Semipalmated Sandpipers
8 Spotted Sandpipers
1 Killdeers
4 Semipalmated Plovers

10 black belled plovers

Thanks Craig

Tyler's Direction:

The McLaughlin Bay Barrier beach can be accessed from either Oshawa Second
marsh (west access point) or Darlington provincial park (east access point)

Oshawa Second Marsh

Exit from the 401 at the Harmony Rd. Exit(419) in Oshawa. Go south on
Farewell St. Colonel Sam Drive. Turn East onto Colonel Sam Drive and follow
to the parking lot at the GM Headquarters. Park in the west parking lot
close to the marsh. The east (GM) platform is visible from the NW corner of
the lot.

To the Barrier Beach head south to the lake and then east along the
shoreline

For a trail map of the Oshawa Second Marsh area visit
 www.secondmarsh.com and check the link for a trail map of
the area

Darlington Provincial Park
borders the east side Oshawa Second Marsh/McLaughlin Bay Nature Reserve.

To access the campground and park store area from the east.Take the Courtice
road exit from the 401 and follow the park signs. There is a small parking
lot at the gatehouse. Park here and walk the trail to the south. This will
take you into the campground area. The park store is just south of the main
office past the main gate.

For the Barrier Beach park at the beach parking lot (picnic area 2) and head
west along the
maintained beach.

Tyler Hoar
Oshawa

C & B McLauchlan
Running Robin Ranch
Ont., Canada, World

" Excuse my spelling and Grammer I am Dyslexic "
Thank You .