Birders,

I decided to head out to the Currie Tract and try for this Prairie
Warbler.  The bird sang as soon as I hit the clearing, just after
having passed two birders leaving the area who had not found the bird.
 It sang several times and as I got closer it stopped.  I found the
small clearing described by Hugh & Jim in earlier posts but no bird.
I hung around for at least 15-20min when it finally sang again.  I
stayed somewhat hidden, concerned that it didn't sing because of my
presence, but as it continued to sing I walked out to try and see the
bird, it flew from the crabapple tree to some poplars & ash trees to
the back where it sang from various perches, never staying in one spot
for more than 30 seconds.  While there I had a close-up Mourning
Warbler and a male Scarlet Tanager fly over, amongst the many Eastern
Towhees, Gray Catbirds & a Blue-winged Warbler (singing on & off).

On the way back I turned off to the south of the main trail where
there was a wide clearing with some interspersed trees/bushes, at
least 5 Field Sparrows and 4 Blue-winged Warblers singing in this
area.  I saw two of the warblers and they were both Blue-winged, no
hybrids seen but they're around I'm sure.  Also, in and around the
area 3 more Mourning Warblers heard, many Indigo Buntings, 1
Blackburnian Warbler, Wood Thrushes, Veerys, E Wood-Pewees,
Chestnut-sided Warblers, a pair of Eastern Phoebes and others.

At the small parking lot there was a drumming & calling Pileated
Woodpecker.  Be ready for mosquitoes, not crazy bad but enough to
cover up & use deet.

Now, the much needed Directions (there are many trails through the
area), it is long but should help:

First, to find the Currie Tract, exit at Guelph Line north off Hwy
401, just west of Milton.  Go north just past the parking entrance to
the Mohawk Raceway and opposite it, on the east side (this is about
1km north of 401), you will see green sign #9475 and a very well
hidden entrance with a small parking area for 5 cars.

Walk in along the main gated trail and follow this for a while
(1km??), it will take you under the hydro wires where there is a small
wet area and stream, follow the trail part way up the hill just passed
this and take the trail to the right which takes you back over to the
hydro line.  Follow this "hydro trail" that you've just joined, it
takes you under the wires 3 times before you begin paralleling the
hydro lines on the south side (700m - 1km).  Along this stretch you
will see the sign Hugh referred to (Green rectangle with white
squiggles), stay on the main path. i.e. straight, then about 200m
beyond there will be a clearing on the north/left side, there are a
couple of small "trails" through the grass here (I first heard the
Prairie and a Blue-winged from the trail here), head north to the line
of Sumachs and cross through them, this is the aforementioned Hydro
Tower N480M and the white chair with ladder (deer-hunting stand??).
Finally, you are at the spot!

--
Sent from my mobile device