Three friends and I were very surprised to see a Snow Goose at the Alfred
Lagoons this morning.  It was seen (from the viewing platform with scopes)
stretching its neck and wings up a few times and moving about slightly in the
long grass at the far end of right cell.

Also this morning we saw one Pectoral Sandpiper at the Alfred Lagoons and five
Least Sandpipers at the Casselman Lagoons.

Directions courtesy of NeilyWorld:

Alfred Lagoons See NeilyWorld directions to Alfred Bog:
http://ca.geocities.com/larry.ne...@rogers.com/alfred.htm

Casselman Lagoons:  http://ca.geocities.com/larry.ne...@rogers.com/sewage7.htm
   From Highway 417 (The Queensway), 52 km east of Ottawa, take the Casselman
exit (66) and go NNW toward the town of Casselman. Drive 1.1 km NNW into town
on Rue Principale, crossing the railway tracks and the main cross-street (St.
Isidore), to turn right or northeast just beyond onto Laurier. Follow Laurier
northeast, then north, 1.8 km to Concession 5 Road (or Route 500). Turn right
or northeast onto it and the road into the Casselman Sewage Lagoons is on your
right almost immediately.

Connie Denyes
Ottawa Ontario