Happy Civic Holiday,

Well, it only took me 140 minutes to find the elusive
Ruff at the lagoons this morning.!!!
Several out-of-town birders have been in and out all
morning, and all were successful in finding the Ruff.
There is some debate as to the sex of this bird, because
of the molting plumage.  I'm going out on a limb here,
but I think the one I saw is an Adult male in late summer attire!
Another possibility is that there may be 2 different birds
being seen yesterday and today.
Many photos were taken today.
There are many shorebird species, and more Stilts than I have
ever seen at one time.
There is a refreshing cool breeze at the lagoons just now!

Reminder:  Today is the last day to access the lagoons for
some weeks.  I will notify you when this rule is lifted.
I hesitate to give directions at this late time--but I will!
PLEASE do not enter after today.

Irene Woods
irewo...@ciaccess.com
Blenheim, ON
Chatham-Kent Municipality

Directions:
Lagoon Directions:  Exit 401 at #90 (Communications Rd.) and head into
Blenheim.  At the main stoplight turn right (west) onto Rd. 3.  Travel about
1.5 km and turn right (north) onto Lagoon Rd. at the carwash, and continue
north about 1 km to gate.  You must have an annual permit to enter.