Hello ONTBirders:

I spent the morning at Britannia Conservation Area.  There were a total of 10
species of warbler, including MAGNOLIA, BAY-BREASTED, YELLOW, YELLOW-RUMPED,
BLACK-AND-WHITE, BLACK-THROATED BLUE, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, NASHVILLE,
WILSON'S, PINE, and AMERICAN REDSTART.  WARBLING VIREOS were visible and vocal
along "the ridge."

Mud Lake was mostly home to MALLARDS and CANADA GEESE, but I did manage to
locate a single PIED-BILLED GREBE adult, a single juvenile HOODED MERGANSER,
and two GREEN HERONS, one by the water filtration plant and the second by the
bridge.  Two EASTERN KINGBIRDS were very vocal and active over the parking lot
behind the water filtration plant.

On the DeschĂȘnes Rapids, GREAT BLACK-BACKED and HERRING GULLS have begun
roosting.  OSPREY are still patrolling the rapids, as well.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: From Carling Avenue heading west, turn right onto Britannia Road
and follow to the end.  Turn right onto Cassels Street for about 100m; park on
the side of the road.