Sorry this report is late, I was not able to get to a computer until this
morning.  Yesterday evening (Oct. 8) at Andrew Haydon Park, I found a flock of
4 AMERICAN PIPITS on the rocky shore of the river, more to the eastern side of
the park.  On a tip from W. Hum, I managed to locate a single SEMIPALMATED
PLOVER, a species that has been all but absent in Ottawa.  Also present was a
very accommodating LESSER YELLOWLEGS and an equally accommodating PECTORAL
SANDPIPER.

Two NORTHERN PINTAILS were feeding close to shore in the small outlet, along
with the usual BLUE-WINGED TEAL and MALLARDS.  Of course, the BRANT is still
present, mingling with the abundant CANADA GEESE.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: Andrew Haydon Park is located off of Carling Avenue; parking is
available at the intersection of Carling and Holly Acres.