Between 2:15 and 2:45 P.M. today I and a few others observed the Phainopepla
from the back yard of 20 Ascot Ave. as it sat rather quietly in a buckthorn
bush at the back of #22 Ascot Ave. The people at #4 Ascot Crt., whose yard
borders #20 Ascot Ave., kindly waved us over into their yard, from which we
were able to see it even better.

Directions (as per Mark Cranford): From the 400 take 401 west to 410 north.
North to Steeles (north of 407) turn right on Steeles about 2 lights to Dixie
Rd turn left north. Maybe two lights north past industrial area and railway
overpass. Turn right at the lights (an Indian Restaurant is on the left) onto
Birchbank Rd. continue until stop sign at T-intersection. Turn left on to
Avondale Blvd. Right at the fourth street - Addington. Park near the first road
to the left (Ascott Ave) the bird has been seen often high up in trees.

Mark Kubisz,
Toronto, ON