Hello Ontbirders,

Driving from Sudbury to Thunder Bay today along Hwy 17, birds were few and
far between (except ravens).  However, I was pleased to see a total of 8
Bald Eagles (Blind River - 2, Montreal River - 3, White Lake - 1, Nipigon
River - 1, Thunder Bay - 1), and small numbers (1-4) of Pine Grosbeaks on
nearly a dozen occasions, mostly between Wawa and Terrace Bay, but with a
few in Lake Superior Provincial Park.  Rich mountain-ash crops were evident
along the highway in a number of places, though I never saw any grosbeaks
where they were most dense.

Good birding,

Marcel Gahbauer

Calgary / Montreal