Seasons Greetings,

While trying to find some of the good winter birds, found on the South Peel
CBC, posted locally with excellent directions by Mark Cranford, I came upon a
bright male Wilson's Warbler. The bird was found on the East side of the
Oakville SW Waste Water Treatment Plant, on Lakeshore Rd in Oakville. I was
pishing in this area, hoping to locate the previously reported Ruby-crowned
Kinglet, and out popped this Wilson's Warbler. The area is right next to the
concrete holding cells on the East side, the bird would feed a lot on the
ground, inside the chain link fence. I watched it for probably 10 mins, when
low and behold it was joined by the Ruby-crowned Kinglet. They both seemed to
be getting something around these sewage holding cells!

Directions: I parked at the end of Hixon St..  Hixon St is the first light
south of Rebecca St, on Third Line in Oakville. There is a woodlot here,
Sedgewick Park I believe. I walked East thru this woodlot heading slightly
South till you get to Waste Water Plant, look on the East Side.

After this I tried successfully for the Two Tufted Titmice, on Brookfield Rd,
which is the first Rd, on the right, East of Dorval Drive on Lakeshore Rd, also
in Oakville. I had one bird in a Norway Spruce at #51 Brookfield Rd.

I then headed to Port Credit where I easily located 8 Yellow-rumped Warblers
looking from the Parking Lot at Snug Harbour Restaurant at Hurontario. They
were feeding on berries here along side the Credit River, chipping like crazy.

Just West of here, the 3- Harlequin Ducks 1-Drake and 2-females, were showing
well on the rocks on the shoreline, in the 1st Bay West of Saddington Park.

On this high note, I would personally like to thank Mark for all his hard work
in keeping Ont Birds going, and wish you all a safe Happy Christmas,

Dave Don