Greetings!

It was a great day to be out and about. There have been all sorts of reports
of the Barred Owls at Presqu'ile and today did not disappoint. Along the
lighthouse path we, thanks to some helpful birders, saw the first. Sitting
in a pine and in full sunlight. Shortly thereafter on the Jobe Trail we were
buzzed by another that soon roosted in a pine, again in full sunlight. After
seeing the Boreal at Amherst through the bracken these two were great to
see.

Also seen were a Northern Shrike by the Cow Paster, and a Red tailed Hawk
also along the lighthouse trail.

The Owen's Point Trail was a great walk and nothing else.

Directions from Frank's weekly post:

To reach Presqu'ile Provincial Park, follow the signs from Brighton.
Locations within the Park are shown on a map at the back of a tabloid
that is available at the Park gate.  The narrow channel between Owen
Point and Gull Island was ice-covered today, but the ice, while
appearing to be thick, might not support the weight of a human. However,
the water beneath the crust is only shin-deep. The surrounding shoreline
can be very slippery.  Birders are encouraged to record their
observations on the bird sightings board provided near the campground
office by The Friends of Presqu'ile Park and to fill out a rare bird
report for species not listed there.

Cheers,

Bernie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berniemonette