After the resounding success of the second Ontario Atlas, we are hoping that
many Ontario birders will be experiencing atlas withdrawal and may consider
travelling to neighbouring provinces to help out. Both Manitoba and Québec
start Breeding Bird Atlases this year and need MANY volunteers.

If you enjoyed participating in the Ontario atlas, or even if you didn’t but
think you might enjoy birding in Manitoba or Québec, why not consider taking a
holiday to do some atlassing in a remote boreal forest square, or a grassland
area, or even a square on the Hudson Bay coast or the Gulf of The St. Lawrence.
 In some cases, we may be able to arrange for in-kind support or make special
logistical arrangements to facilitate this and have a small pot of money
available to reimburse atlassers who travel long distances.

To learn more about atlassing in general or about the first Manitoba Breeding
Bird Atlas or the second Québec Breeding Bird Atlas, go to
www.biratlas.mb.ca<http://www.biratlas.mb.ca/>   or
http://www.atlas-oiseaux.qc.ca/index_fr.jsp.

When you register let us know you’re coming from afar and we will provide all
the assistance we can in ensuring you enjoy your time while you are making such
a generous donation.  We hope to hear from you!

Christian Artuso (Manitoba Breeding Bird Atlas Coordinator)
Michel Robert (Québec Breeding Bird Atlas Coordinator)