Tuesday, May 4 brought very few birds into the woods of Thickson's Woods.
The beautiful singing of the Winter Wren and periodic singing of a
Black-throated Blue Warbler were all that I detected. Near the home of
Dennis Barry was a mid-AM LINCOLN'S SPARROW.
I strolled around the north meadow for an hour, managing to see and hear
SCARLET TANAGER, BROWN THRASHER, YELLOW WARBLER, BALTIMORE ORIOLE,
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK AND A *CLAY-COLOURED SPARROW.*

 South down Thickson Rd. from the 401, parking on the road to walk down the
east-west roadway.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON