This afternoon my nephew Justin and I birded Presqu'ile for a few hours and
were fortunate enough to find the reported PIPING PLOVER on Beach #3 around
1:00 p.m. - a lifer for Justin.  After visiting the beach on two attempts we
could not find any Whimbrels.  The hot haze made scoping Gull Island almost
impossible but we did see 1 SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER, several BLACK-BELLIED
PLOVERS, 2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS and a few LEAST SANDPIPERS.  Other notable
finds include 1 GREEN HERON, 1 GREAT EGRET, 1 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO, 1 WILLOW
FLYCATCHER, 2 BLACKPOLL WARBLERS, 2 LINCOLN'S SPARROWS and 2 ORCHARD ORIOLES.
When leaving Amherstview, just west of Kingston, a flock of 50 BRANT flew west
over the lake.

Cheers
Bruce

Presqu'ile P.P. is south of Brighton.