Posting for Alvan Buckley from Opeongo Lake in Algonquin:

This past weekend (Sat, Sun & Mon) Mira Furgoch and I were on Opeongo lake -
Algonquin park.

Bird sightings include:
Pileated Woodpecker, 1 adult BALD EAGLE, 2 Belted Kingfishers, a few Common
Ravens, 2 Barn Swallows, 1 White-crowned Sparrow, several Song Sparrows, Spruce
Grouse with 7 chicks, several Great-Blue Herons, 2 Green-winged Teals, 1 Lesser
Scaup, 1 SEDGE WREN, 1 Broad-winged Hawk, Golden-crowned Kinglets, 1 American
Woodcock with at least 2 young, 1 Willow Flycatcher and many noisy Loons! The
Herring Gulls and DC Cormorants both have young on the Gull Island colony.
Warbler sightings were limited because we spent a lot of time on the water
instead of in the woods. But we did see Common Yellowthroat, Black-and-White
and Nashville.

We also had 3 Green Heron just outside of Arnprior (west of Ottawa) on our way
to Algonquin.

Alvan,

alvanbuck...@gmail.com