The Chuck-will's-widow was singing constantly under the full moon from 12:45
a.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday, June 25 from the south side of Doyle Road. At one
point it was very close to the road and we heard it growl and click.
Randy Beacler and I finished our Whip-poor-will survey route about midnight and
we drove over from Miner's Bay to see if Chuck was still calling.

Dan Bone, Fenelon Falls

Directions

 From Kirkfield take Kawartha Lakes Road 48 about 4.4 km east to Kawartha
Lakes Road 35 also called Victoria Road. Turn left, north, for about 4.4 km
to Doyle Road on right and go about 1km. If coming from south end of Wylie
Road, take McNamee to the end at Kawartha Lakes Road 35. Turn right south
for .5 km to Doyle Road and turn left.

Go about 1 km.