Hi Ontbirders:

A return trip to Petrie Island in Ottawa's east end saw a family of Brown
Thrashers, Least and Great-Crested Flycatchers, Catbirds, at least 2 Kingbirds,
Hairy Woodpecker, Yellow Warblers, Song Sparrows, adult and juvenile Robins,
Eastern Phobe but no Black Tern this time (doesn't mean they're not around).

The Minto Avalon housing division storm management ponds in Orleans mentioned
in a previous email still has a number of Pied-billed Grebes including quite a
few young.  Last week I also saw Northern Shoveler there.  In the spring there
were a few female and male Green-winged Teals in breeding plumage, a Great Blue
Heron and an Osprey fishing for Koi in the pond.

PS.  As for the Long-eared Owls in Ottawa, I haven't seen them for awhile now
but there were at least 2 fledged young.  Photos can be seen here:
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/some_recent_shots  and on the Ontario Field
Orthinologist's website at
http://www.ofo.ca/photoalbums/current/June/index2.html    Happy birding.

W.H.