Hello Birders,

Today, Kyle Holloway and myself observed the Black-bellied Whistling Duck in
the usual locale today at about 10:00 AM. It was preening and generally
showing off very well. What a beautiful animal!

We also had a look at the American White Pelican in Second Marsh. It was
very co-operative and we watched it feeding for several minutes. It
is visible off the viewing platform.

Directions:

For the Whistling Duck  -

>From the west end of Picton at the traffic lights take Lake Street from the
LCBO and follow south (Lake Street becomes County Road 10) about 9 km to
Cherry Valley. At the stop sign in Cherry Valley, turn left and follow C.R.
10 to Milford. The ponds are 10 km from the turn in Cherry Valley. Upon
reaching Milford, turn left at the stop sign (a T or 3-way intersection),
then right again at the post office in Milford, and continue on C.R.10 for
about 2-3 km. The ponds are on a farm to your left on the bend of the
highway just beyond and across from the intersection of Royal Road.

For Pelican -

Exit from the 401 at the Harmony Rd (exit # 419)
Go south on Farewell St. to Colonel Sam Drive.
Go east on Colonel Sam Drive to the GM Canada Headquarters.
Park in the lot on the west side of the building and walk west to the
viewing platform.

Good Birding!

Lev Frid
Maple, ON