I found a Grasshopper Sparrow at 8:30 this morning (Thursday) at High Road,
south of Uplands Airport in Ottawa. The sparrow was on the south side of the
gravel road leading down to the radar dome, about half way along, perching
on milkweed plants. In another part of this excellent sparrow field I found
Field, Savannah and Song Sparrow.

High Road Directions

Travel south on Albion Road to the racetrack. High Road cuts north at a
sharp angle from here. Continue north past the junction with Earl Armstrong
Road to the end of High Road.

Alternately:

Travel south on Riverside until it becomes Limebank (new route), then left
on Leitrem along the southern perimeter of Uplands Airport. Take the first
right; this is Bowesville.  (Bowesville is very busy with detour and
construction traffic this summer.) Travel south to Earl Armstrong then east
to High Road. Turn left on High Road and park at the end.

Brian Mortimer
Ottawa Ontario
brian_morti...@sympatico.ca