Some local birding in Richmond Hill....

        * Loggerhead or Northern Shrike, as I was stopped in the Canadian Tire
Parking
lot far southern laneway crossing Silver Linden Drive to the "Best Buy" parking
lot the Shrike was in the shrubs in the Canadian Tire lot literally feet from
the car ( I often see a similar bird from the GO train at the Leslie Station
and
at the CN CP Doncaster cross)

        * Coopers Hawk - Major Mac and Leslie circling neighbourhoods headed
towards
Leslie and Elgin Mills
        * Osprey soaring over backyard (likely heading for the run-off ponds),
Leslie
and Major Mac
        * Black-crowned Night-Heron, likely overnights in the local Headwaters
community Park

Richmond Green Pond species...
        * Great Blue Heron
        * Pectoral Sand Piper (?) no spots, Light brown with white breast (see
Flickr
link for photo) walking on the lily pads
        * Spotted Sand Piper walking the shore and lily pads
        * Mallard young with broken or deformed bill
some of the Richmond Green photos can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steplock/sets/72157623315316639/

Directions:
High Tech Road is in Richmond Hill, Bayview just north of 407, Silver Linden
runs parallel to Bayview and is just west of Bayview off High Tech (turn left
on
High Tech)
Richmond Green Pond - North West Corner of Elgin Mills and Leslie St, Richmond
Hill.
Headwaters Community Park - Princeton and Redstone.  Princeton meets Leslie St
at the lights in front of COSMO MUSIC.

Regards,

Glenn Steplock
www.flickr.com/steplock