Hello Ontbirders!

   Mira Furgoch and I spent the weekend birding the county.

   Sightings from the weekend include:

   The Black-Bellied Whistling Duck was seen on Saturday evening and Sunday
   morning.

   Gull Pond on Saturday:
   1 Semipalmated Plover
   5 Least Sandpiper 1 Common Merganser

   1 Bonaparte's Gull (mature)

   Several dead gulls and cormorants along the beaches.

1 deer with an impressive set of antlers

   4 Giant Swallowtail

   Sandbanks Provincial Park on Sunday: 7 Least Sandpiper
   1 Semipalmated Sandpiper
   3 Bonaparte's Gull (2 mature, 1 immature)

   Beach at end of Bakker Road on Sunday: 3 Least Sandpiper
   1 Great Black-backed Gull
   1 Bonaparte's Gull (mature)

   Canal Road Sunday night:
   1 Northern Saw-whet Owl calling throughout the night

   Presqu'ile park Monday: 3 Black-bellied Plover
   8 Semipalmated Plover
   5 Killdeer
   3 Lesser Yellowlegs 6 Spotted Sandpiper
   1 Whimbrel (it was first seen near lookout #1 at 6:30 am, then came to
   the waters edge near beach 3 and then walked into the grassy area there at
   around 8:30am) 2 Sanderling
   3 Semipalmated Sandpiper
   ~50 Least Sandpiper
   1 American Woodcock (it was on the trail towards lookout #2 at around
   6:15 am)
   5 Bonaparte's Gull (4 mature, 1 immature)

   If you'd like directions please email me at: alvanbuckley AT gmail.com

   I'll post a more detailed account on my (new and still under
   development!) site within the next few days:
alvanbuckley.com<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Falvanbuckley.com>

   take care,

   Alvan Buckley