This afternoon around 2-3pm, a GREAT EGRET was visible near the DeschĂȘnes
Rapids at Britannia Conservation Area.  The last I saw of it, it was flying
west along the river towards the Shirley's Bay area.  There was also a single
CASPIAN TERN amid hundreds of RING-BILLED and AMERICAN HERRING GULLS on the
rapids.  Several GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULLS have begun roosting on the rapids as
well.

BANK SWALLOWS were buzzing around the rapids into the hundreds; amongst them I
was able to pick out one NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW...I'd imagine there were
more, but it was hard to keep track of all the swallows moving back and forth.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: From Carling Avenue heading west, take the right onto Britannia
Road and follow to the end. Turn right onto Cassels Street and the entrance is
a quarter of a kilometer down the street.  If coming along Carling Avenue
heading east, turn left onto Richmond Road, then left onto Poulin Avenue. This
will connect to Britannia Road; follow to the end and turn right onto Cassels
Street.