Hi Ontbirders,
   My Parents and I birded the West Perth Wetlands in Mitchell yesterday
   from 10:30-11:30am.  We were able to locate both
   Godwit species.  We also found: Least, Semipalmated, Baird's,
   Solitary,
   Stilt (2) and Pectoral Sandpipers; Lesser and Greater
   Yellowlegs; Semipalmated Plovers; Killdeer and Vesper Sparrows (3).
   Photos of the Godwits can be viewed at:
   [1]http://btoewsphotos.zenfolio.com/p939163745
   Good Birding,
   Brendan Toews
   Directions: (Thanks to Dave Brown)
   From the East (Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, GTA) - take Hwy 8 thru
   Stratford heading west to first lights in Mitchell (Wellington St) and
   turn left (south) and continue till you hit the "T" intersection at the
   ball diamond.  Lagoon cells are straight back behind the ball diamond
   and soccer fields and the sewage treatment plant.  You can go straight
   ahead on the gravel and park next to the berm.
   From the London area - take Hwy 23 into Mitchell from the south and
   just after you pass the "Welcome to Mitchell" sign...watch for Frank
   St...go right on Frank St and head down over the bridge till you get to
   the ball diamond (will be on your right).  Again...the cells are behind
   the ball diamond and soccer fields. You can go straight ahead
   on the gravel and park next to the berm.
   From Southampton area - take Hwy 21, to Goderich and then Hwy 8 to
   Clinton and down to Mitchell, turn south on Hwy 23 to Frank St. and
   turn
   left on Frank St. and head over the bridge to the ball diamonds (which
   will be on your right). You can go straight ahead on the gravel and
   park next to the berm.