Hi Ontbirders,

This morning at 10:25 am I observed a juvenile light-morph Parasitic Jaeger
harassing the gulls out on the river at the east end of Andrew Haydon Park. The
bird flew in from the north, harassed the gulls for approximately 20 seconds,
and then flew off into the distance towards Bayshore. I remained in the area
for another hour and the Parasitic Jaeger did not return. With thanks to Tony
Beck who aided in identifying the bird from a few photos I took. These photos
can be viewed at:

http://www.pbase.com/reflectionsofnature/image/128067411
http://www.pbase.com/reflectionsofnature/image/128067413
http://www.pbase.com/reflectionsofnature/image/128067409

Chris Bruce

Directions:

Andrew Haydon Park is at 3169 Carling in Ottawa's west end. The entrance to the
park is at the intersection of Carling and Acres west of Bayshore. The bird
would have been easily viewable from any point along the shoreline at the east