Hello all,

We spent the morning helping out at the banding
lab<http://www.ruthvenpark.ca/natureblog/>at Ruthven Park and saw, at
close quarters, a large variety of fall
warblers, as well as other species.

They included:
Blackburnian
Bay-breasted
Nashville
Common Yellowthroat
Magnolia
American Redstart
Chestnut-sided
Blackpoll
Black-and-White

The banding lab is a great place to get to know fall birds and to learn the
distinguishing features of fall and juvenile plumage.

Directions can be found here <http://www.ruthvenpark.ca/?page_id=1070>.

I'd also like to highlight (with list admin permission), the Ruthven Birding
Festival <http://www.ruthvenpark.ca/?p=3733>, coming up in a couple of
weeks. Events include guided hikes, a folk-rock concert, a catered dinner,
mansion tours, events for children, and a wide variety of speakers
(including Bridget Stutchbury at the dinner). Please take some time to drop
by during the weekend.

Best regards,
Peter Scholtens